Monday, April 2, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine

I'm right between opening at the news station and going off to work a funeral. Sometimes it strikes me just how odd my life is. 
Did a little shopping over the weekend and picked up some summery stuff at H&M. And a not really summery but pretty vintage peplum top in polka dots. Now, maybe it's just me but I have a really hard time bringing together a strong red outfit without feeling super cliche vintage. For some reason, red and black just is too rockabilly for me and not in a good way. So, I've developed some rules for wearing red and not looking like a reject from model mayhem. 


#1- As often as possible, avoid bright lipstick red. Darker brick shades and warmer orange tones keep me from feeling costumey.


#2- Keep it demure. Wiggle dresses and cleavage, while fun, are too much for me in red.



#3- More modern hair helps keep the overall look more natural and less like I'm trying to look "vintage"


Forgive the blurry photos. I've been flirting pretty hard with the idea of getting a new camera.



1 comment: