Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Glitzy Glitzy!

I had yesterday off since it was Labor Day (a holiday that I'm not all that certain I know why it's a holiday) and spent it with my Dear Mother. We went to the SD Museum of Natural History for an exhibit on gemstones and minerals. Really, how right up my alley?

Absolutely gorgeous pieces of antique jewelry from the 18th century, modern creations, uncut crystals, art deco pieces, Faberge, Cartier, Tiffany!

Enough talking, only photos will do- lots of photos



Well, we stopped by the cafe before we hit the museum.

Turn of the century amazingness

 
 
Cartier Lily brooch





Amethyst corsage brooch





I'm in love with this giant chunk of jade




They had about a dozen of these adorable little jewel birds from the 60's

Suffrage bracelet

Robbie and Me (looking scary)

No comments:

Post a Comment