Sunday, August 7, 2011

A cup of coffee's worth of Last Night sans photos

Good morning. Blogging from my bed today as it was a late night and I'm not ready to get vertical just yet. No hangover though, it's one of those rare lucky mornings that are better then the proceeding night. I went out with CJ with the intention of meeting up with a friend at one of those poshy fluffy gay bars over in Hillcrest. Well, a late start and a too expensive door charge put and end to that plan. Just as well, we're not the poshy type. So, we went somewhere a little more our steam, The Whistlestop. (In case you missed it, that was a terrible locomotive pun there for ya)


Danced and had a time and then at the end of the night, threw away my ideas of courtship and approached a seemingly very nice bearded fella. We talked, I offered him a ride home (via CJ) and we ended up at Ruthfords where he bought us fries and coffee. I was so pleased- he was cute and amusing and covered the bill like a gentleman. And in a bizarre flashback to Vegas, cute, amusing bearded fella throws out the fact that he currently has a girlfriend.

So, it appears now that the only men I can manage to seduce are those already in committed relationships. Good god-with luck like this I'm gonna be single forever.

Which I can swing cause I gotta great gal pal in CJ, who tried to cheer me up on the ride home and didn't snicker when I got a little weepy.


But it's still a Good Morning so let's have a little Raconteurs yeah? Jack White has been spinning around my head every since last monday and that's just fine, my god but he is sexy.

2 comments:

  1. ah what a scoundrel! What was he playing at? Don't be disheartened, soon you'll run into a nice bearded fella who is actually single!!
    Lina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you for the commiseration! I'm still not sure what quite happened but somewhere during those few hours, there was a seriously miscommunication :)
    Have no fear- I will never give up on my search for a nice, amusing, SINGLE bearded man.

    ReplyDelete