Saturday, January 8, 2011

Disco and Fever

I've been fighting off some nasty sickness ever since coming back from New York so this past week has been very boring and very sleep filled. But the new year started much the same as the old year, with drinks and G.T.Gs and ogling hot bartenders at El Dorado. And last night I made it out to a friend's birthday house party. It was disco themed, a fact that I found out very last minute and really has to pull a 70's outfit off on the fly. I think I did ok- although it ended up coming out a bit 70's prostitute. I stole a pair of my Mom's jeans from her younger days, my gold 60's swimsuit and a 70's bridesmaid bolero. Funny, I have no connection or interest in the 1970's at all and it's the one retro era I really was at a loss for. 


The birthday girl ended up having the best disco outfit ever. All gold hotpants and furry jacket. Plus, Eka looks all beautiful and awesome in this photo.


 Best big dog ever- Mister Amigo


 CJ made us do the cliche Charlies Angels pose. Iz kinda dropped the ball on his end.


 Why on earth did women in the 1970's wear such awful pants? I was crotchzilla the entire night- it was ridiculous! But at least I had super fun afro hair.





CJ is a dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventeen. (At least, she looks seventeen.)



So, the night was vintage; just not my vintage. It was fun to dress up and out of my box but I think I'll stick to crinolines and victory rolls. Although, I do kinda like my 70's morning after hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment