Saturday, March 5, 2011

I never claimed to be honest all the time

Yeah so remember how weeks ago, I said I would be posting this wonderful fab overload of DIY greatness?'
Well, you can see how well that turned out.
In my defense, all those DIY projects were for my new apartment and since posting, that apartment has fallen through. And with it, all my motivation for home decor. For a while at least.

But I have been busy burning the craft candle- for War!
Yes, this year I've made a decisive and conscious effort to get the camp together and make it to War this year. So far so good. But I have to say, trying to plan our own camp without The Ex is a bit intimidating. There is a lot to get together and I've got a million packing lists, shopping lists, garb lists and project lists.
Lucky for me, My Love stepped up as my planning cohort.

Photos why not?



The garb boxes come out and with them, my unending list of things I want this year. And we know I have a hard time denying myself what I want.


So, I'm making myself a fancy new cloak outta faux fur and the most gorgeous hand stitched wrap I found on Etsy.




I'm also making some little favors for the campers this year.


And a mess of jewelry for me.


And my final project- Apple Pie Loki. It's at about two weeks here and should be quite satisfactory by the end of May. In case you're not a huge Renn nerd, let me explain. Loki is a ridiculously alcoholic drink made from everclear, sugar and flavourings. Essentially, you let the booze and flavouring (in my case chopped apple) sit for a month, then you strain out the solids and add the boiled down sugar and let that sit for another few months. End result? Amazing tasting drink that causes all better judgment to fly out the window.
My Love and I originally had a desire to try making Mead but we had nowhere near enough time for it to ferment. Maybe in the future.

And since this is a Good Morning, here is a song that has been on constant rotation in my crafting soundtrack.






My God, so sexy!

1 comment: