Friday, April 15, 2011

The house smells like cookies and beer and hippies

Blessed Friday- this weekend couldn't come soon enough!
I'm celebrating the start of the weekend with a Fat Tire and I have a cookie dough candle going cause it smells just awesome. I'm also in the midst of a literary explosion in my room. Literally. 


It started as a desire to reread The Silmarillion ( I found out that day that War would not be happening and I figured a little Middle Earth will have to do) and ended up with my bookshelf scattered about the room as I searched. It turns out I never actually owned a copy- I had been borrowing one copy or another from various ex boyfriends all these years. I decided it was time to jump on amazon and secure my own book.



And speaking of online shopping, I got a nice little surprise on my doorstep when I came home- a package of make-up fun I ordered from Mojo Spa last week. See, I have this nasty habit of buying hoards of beauty products on the merit of "they look nifty" and usually end up with a drawerful of nifty looking, no-use serving lotions and lipsticks. In my defense though, Mojo gets rave reviews from their costumers and they use natural ingredients without any nasty chemicals or synthetics. So, at least it's environmentally conscious reckless shopping.



A primer, foundation, lip scrub, tinted balm, concealer (yeah, the white stuff. funny huh?) and some all natural deodorant. Just cause I've always ever used the aluminum filled stuff and maybe it's time to try out some clay based stuff. It smells like hippies but less then other natural deodorants out there.


I also trimmed up my bangs using a tutorial CJ found and sent me. She's cutesy. Take a read.

3 comments:

  1. I think I live with a copy of the Silmarillion under my pillow. I know there's at least two copies in this house at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't brag Travis :)
    It's really such an awesome book- I think I prefer Middle Earth history to our own.

    ReplyDelete