Thursday, September 8, 2011

Heat Indexes and High Art


The weather has just been wacky these past couple of days- raining during the morning and hot in the afternoon. All combining into some sort of tropical humidity more akin to the everglades then southern California. It's kinda funny- after the quake on the east coast last month, most californians had a "get over it- it's just an earthquake" mentality. But good lord, the minute our dry heat turns humid, you'd think it was the rapture. Just like when it rains here and suddenly no one knows how to drive on the freeway anymore.

Anyway, weather rant aside, me and CJ decided to beat the heat (and our complete lack of funds) in the park. My ma found two free passes to the art museum for us and we spent a few glorious hours wandering marble corridors and basking in the air conditioning. And since CJ and I have opposite tastes in art, I lost interest five minutes into the modern works and she lost interest five minutes into the classical works.  Then we wandered over to the botanical gardens where, unlike the museum, the allow photos.




This is my new favorite camera filter on my  phone. Hipsteroku which mimics Japanese toy cameras.


I've been to the gardens numerous times but never noticed this funny little sign.



No comments:

Post a Comment