Thursday, November 10, 2011

Regarding illness and shoes

Well, I fought it and fought it but it finally won. Terrible germs have infested my body and I'm officially sick. Ok, so maybe hanging out with CJ when she was ill wasn't such a good idea and I'm thinking that kissing in the rain the other night was less romantic then it was foolish. 
(Wait- did I forget to share that news? Damn, well- I met a boy and he's interesting but I'll cover that in more detail some other time)
So, yes, I'm partially to blame for my current condition but I'm doing everything I can think of to combat this cold. Eating vitamin C chewables and pretty much bathing in green tea. And resting. So, while my body wages it's microscopic war, I've decided to poke around the internet looking at shoes. Surprise.

However, I'm not buying any since I'm trying to save for the move. I did make a little set of shoes that I would buy though, if I wasn't being so good and not buying them. Even though I really want to buy them.
Fall/Winter Shoes 2011


Top left going Clockwise: Restricted Pop Art in Red, Miz Mooz Advanced Placement Heels, Seychelles All Dressed Up Heels, Sister Nature Heels at ModCloth, Madden Girl Uttsons, Poetic License Charm School Heels.




I feel the need to point out that I actually own very few high heels. Most of my shoes are 3" or lower, despite my high heel theory for large footed women.
And this is due to the fact that most shoe designers seem to have this awful desire to make ladies look like horses. The current trend in heels is a towering 6" which is not exactly practical for any sort of walking whatsoever. So, they slap on a 3" platform and the result is millions of poor gals clomping around in a very equine manner. 






 I actually own those last ones and though they are more tame in the platform regard then others, they still make me feel like I'm wearing horseshoes. Most modern designers seem to have lost the idea that heels should be flattering on the foot. Instead, they give us heavy looking weights at the end of our legs and tell us it's sexy. 
Well, the Revamp Vixen is here to tell you-  it's not. 
End sickness fuels shoe rant.

1 comment:

  1. gah the Miz Mooz Advanced Placement Heels!!! hit me with a hammer! good lord i want those!

    ReplyDelete