Monday, November 14, 2011

Upadation

Yesterday was a busy ass day and I'm paying for it this morning. It started at 5am with the first of many garage sales to happen over the next few months. I have to admit, it's a little heart-wracking to sell off my things. My record player, dresses from high school dances, my books. But I keep telling myself it's all for the cause. After the sale, CJ and I decided to go down to the harbor and watch the America's Cup boats. And then we proceeded to do everything else possible first including: make tea, wait for CJ to shower, go to Jamba Juice, stopping at Nest Vintage and driving through Golden Hill to remind CJ that Yes, she has been to the Ex's old house on 26th.
Eventually, we made it down to the harbor, walked the bay until we found a nice spot to sit- only to be chased away minutes later by the multitudes of dive-bombing gulls. Too much to do when I'm still under the weather- I woke up today feeling hungover when I didn't have a single drink to blame it on.

But it wasn't all shitting seabirds and exasperating sickness- we saw a truck filled with penny-farthings on our walk along the harbor.
 

 And I finally saw the SD city hall.

 Then, we ran over to Gelato where we attempted to tackle the Reader puzzles. And I found this ridiculous sticker (it says Punk rock is voting Bush) which made me think of The New Boy.

Ah, yes- I promised some further explanation of The New Boy. Well, through a series of Halloween coincidences, some scheming of his friends and some strategic red lipstick, we ended up meeting, chatting and eventually (and a little drunkenly) smooching in a law office building's courtyard during a downpour. Super classy, no?
We've gone on a few dates since then and I'm both pleased and little sad to say he's a very cool guy. Pleased because he's sweet and goofy and fun to be with. Sad because I had to meet him 6 months before I leave town. For now, I'm just enjoying the situation of actually dating again. Oh my.

1 comment: