Thursday, May 27, 2010

I went out looking for one grey belt-

and $130 later, I came away with a fantastic Friday night outfit.
Against all better judgment, I took KJ on a little shopping expedition for a belt to match my perfect grey shoes. We went to Frock You (mistake number one), then we stopped by the dress rack. (mistake number 2)
And then I popped into the backroom with the shoes. (epic fail)



Yes, yes, I spent money I could ill afford but I really had no choice.



 I'm really odd when it comes to matching colors in outfits. I usually do the dress in a main color and then everything else will be one accent color.


I did manage to show some restraint in not buying a hat while I was there, instead opting to make a little fascinator. Quite often with clothing, I go shopping with a very specific idea in my head of what I want and usually am unable to find the perfect dress or hat or necklace that I pictured. Not at all surprising.
In these instances, rather then get something perfectly nice but not perfect, I attempt to make it myself. Which often turns out to be much more work then I originally thought and I end up in my slip with full hair and make-up, frantically hot-gluing rhinestones and feathers the night of the event.
Well, I dodged the bullet with this project as I started and finished it this afternoon. I'm really quite pleased with it. It's simple but effective. Just like me.




Thus ends my story of good intentions and bad will-power. I am now fully and completely excited for the Silent Comedy show tomorrow night. Perfect outfit, perfect band, perfect times.

No comments:

Post a Comment