Sunday, August 22, 2010

And they're off-

Just returned from spending the day at the horse races. God know I love formerly vintage activities. And since the Del Mar Racetrack was build by Bing Crosby, I think that definitely counts as formerly vintage.
I think I've only ever been to the racetrack a handful of times and I've never bet (I'm not much of a shake at gambling)
But my boss gave us all free tickets and rented out the pavilion in the middle of the track and really made it a big to-do, so I figured I might as well go whole hog. Full petticoated dress, pincurled hair and brand new parasol. Not to mention $100 to hit it big.

Which of course didn't happen but we did have a lot of fun. I had some beginners luck and won the first two posts. I think all in all, I only lost $20. Which isn't that bad considering I bet about $75. Although, I'm not sure it all evens out when I take into account how much I spent on parking ($8) and a thimble sized glass of wine ($7)
But it's all about the experience, right?
Photos!


















No comments:

Post a Comment