Wednesday, August 18, 2010

It's so humid today-

Haven't had a chance to post this week- I've been up to my false eyelashes in preoccupations.

Selling a large chunk of my vintage wardrobe on The Fedora Lounge. Mostly shoes that never get to hit the pavement and dresses my size 16 ass will never fit back into. 
OK little side note here (in which I'm going to betray all womankind and *gasp* revel my measurements!)
I'm a 43-32-42. A modern 16, roughly. Those same measurements back in the 1950's were a size 20. I never understood why sizes were shrunk over the decades. Was it so as women got chubbier, we didn't have to suffer the shame? I mean, really....Does wearing a modern 6 rather then a vintage 10 actually fool you into thinking you weight less then you do? Sheesh.

I digress. The mass sale has a two fold benefit. I get more closet space for new clothes and a little extra scratch to fund a new home decor piece I'm commissioning on etsy. 
And now for some pictorial illustrations of the aforementioned points-


 Now, what on earth could this end up being? 9,000 brownie points if anyone can pick up on the lyrical reference.


Newness to fill up that closet space- Mary Green camiknicker. Finally. It's been back ordered on dollhouse bettie for months now. I finally just canceled and ordered straight from M.G.
Arrived in 4 days.


I promise my next few posts will not include photos of me in my underwear :)

4 comments:

  1. That's too bad all pics are great dresses or not

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent beat ! I ωould like to apprеntice while
    you amеnd yоur wеbsіte, how cοulԁ i subscribe for a blog web site?
    The account аided me а acceptable deаl. I had beеn
    tіnу bіt acquaintеd of this your broadcaѕt оffered bright
    cleаr idea

    My blog lloyd irvin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hellо therе! Do уou know if they makе any plugins to ѕafeguard against hаckеrs?

    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've ωoгked haгd
    on. Any suggеstions?

    my ѕite; reputation management

    ReplyDelete