Saturday, May 7, 2011

Daily activity and some reflections

Lately, I've found myself with a lot of solo time on my hands- which usually would leave me feeling restless and blue. But I've been keeping myself in good company, nonetheless. Mostly in the forms of epic novels I haven't read in some years.
Last night I found myself sitting at Rebecca's Coffeehouse rereading the Gunslinger and listening to a neat little live jazz band that happened to be playing there. It was a nice surprise and the music went well with my vintage house dress. But sometimes in situations like that, I end up feeling a bit like stage dressing. I'm sure the other folks there assumed I dressed up for the band and were a little confused as to why I was sitting outside the whole time.

Today I ran up to Golden Hill to grab some flowers for my mom at the farmers market. And yes, to catch a glimpse of the cute peanut butter booth chap. Still very cute. Anyway, two people at other booth called out to me as I passed, complimenting my clothing. I stopped and had a quick word, thanked them and went along. On the way back to my car, I started to wonder why every time someone pays me a good word on my dress, I feel like my response is always so stiff and awkward. Regardless of how much I smile and thank them, I always fear I come off insincere and ungracious. I hope that it's just my own perception and not how it appears to other people since those compliments always make my day.


And now, I'm in the process of going back through 100 (!?)  posts of this blog and editing out mistakes and fixing photo sizes. I am that sort of person who is forever looking back-it's my nature to be cheek and jowl with nostalgia. And often as not, I find that the points of my life that seemed blackest during are the ones I remember so fondly. This time last year I was unknowingly in love**


** I think perhaps I need an edit here as well lest anyone get the idea that I've been hiding a romance away in my closet these past 12 month. Love of my life, my friends and my situation- and I'm pretty sure those such loves are the best.

2 comments:

  1. It's those types of loves that bear the best fruit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruit like my lovely melon!
    The website for that perfume is mojospa.com

    ReplyDelete