Wednesday, May 25, 2011

There are bets placed on my lameness...

CJ and I commented to one another the other day that San Diego might be the most boring city. Little to do other then bars or coffee shops. Especially if you are lucking funds. As I am at the moment. It seems like nothing is ever happening.
But really, I think I'm just proving the adage of familiarity breeding contempt. Living in one place for 27 years kinda blinds me to events and activities that are right in front of my face. So, in the spirit of giving my hometown a new spin, I went with the G.T.G to Friends Chill, a weekly sort of board game party at the Whistle Stop Bar. I've been going to that bar for something like 5 years now and not once have I gone on game night. And why not?
I love games.




And today, we're running with the momentum and heading out to the archery range. I haven't been shooting in years so lets hope I don't injure anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I think this reason is exactly why I started exploring east county. Hiking, outdoorsy.., and it feels old and secluded compared to the busy uptown vibe. But rediscovering your city can be a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but when I can't walk 200 feet outside my house w/out running into someone from high school that isn't rediscovering....that's a harsh slap in the face from mr. reality telling you, you haven't quite branched out enough in life. :)

    ReplyDelete