Friday, October 14, 2011

Boots cost Money

It's October and October means Fall is Here!

Ok, granted- it is currently 70 degrees and sunny as hell here in SoCal. But let's not let that little detail detour us. Fall is my favorite season as I love the cooler weather, the festive holidays and most important, cold weather clothes. If you remember last year, I spent a great deal of time and money gathering up a new Fall/Winter wardrobe. And the one piece that , hard as I tried, I couldn't seem to find was the perfect pair of fall boots. I had purchased and returned 3 pairs in anticipation for my trip back East and all three looked great online but just didn't do it for me in real life. 

Well, my boot quest continues this year and I do believe I have hit the mark this time.

After much searching online, I found a pair of very cute ankle boots that met all of my "perfect" priorities. A decent sized, sturdy heel- lace up-rounded toe- and a fair fit for my oddly thin calves. So, I went ahead and bought them. 

Then, two days later, I made a little trip to DSW with KJ of all people, and found another pair that also hit every mark. So, I bought those too. 







Now, you might be saying to yourself "Those are the same boots" and well, you'd be right, sort of. They are very similar I admit. But! to me the small differences make it justifiable to have bought both. The first pair is brown, fits much closer to the calf and has man made materials. Perfect for chilly rainy  Fall weather. The second pair is black, has flannel lining and is leather. Perfect for snowy New York winters. So, in my crazy backwards shopping addict logic, owning two pairs of essentially similar boots is necessary. 

Oh and I guess I should point out one more rather big difference. One of the pairs cost $53 and the other cost $150. Wanna guess which is which?


4 comments:

  1. Man made must be more? :) Both adorable...I'm afraid of boots. Outside of my western ones, I'm not sure which others I'd want to add to my wardrobe. Let me know when you want to start me my personal shopper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's the leather ones. They're Hushpuppies all the way from the UK. Because of course, the US store doesn't carry that style :/

    Your cowboy boots are great. Mostly, I just pick boots that have the same styling as my usual shoes. Maybe a nice pair of equestrian style for you. Those tend to work for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, maybe. Like you I need somethng that hugs my calves. The last pair I tried I felt like I was drowning in because they were trendy ones that you can pull over your jeans and crunch like socks. I'm not a fan of the crunch. I am a fan though of the equestrian boots with the long knit socks crunched right above. If that makes sense? It does in my mind...and I'm a total chatty cathy right now...to your blog.

    Clearly we're over due of a face to face gathering. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow? Coffee? I'm done with work early so I've got all afternoon free.

    ReplyDelete