Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sugar Skulls, Vintage Clothes and Baby Pink Fixed Gears

Can you say hipsterfest?
This week saw two art shows, a slew of nifty vintage and some pretty awesome folks. Miss Eka had a showing in the Dia de Los Muertos party at Voz Alta. All the paintings were DotD themed, there was an alter to the Dead and some traditional drumming. But for me, the night was all about Eka. Her painting was so amazing I had to buy it. Getting something you love and having the money go to a friend is the best was to buy art.
Y ahora, las fotografias desvergonzado....



 
 Let's try that again...

 Better!
 
 Eka with her painting

 The drummer on the right is Victor, the other yoga instructor at House of Elements.
 
 
Fast hands..


Last night was the Bedouin Collective at show in North Park. I wasn't originally going to go but my date for the night stood me up. So, I sought solace in the arms of CJ and vintage wares. All in all, I think it was a better night then the one I'd planned to have. Drank cheap beer in tall cans, tried on 60's hats and generally just basked in the hipster scene. I met an artist friend of Miss S who did a really cool pop culture collection and got a lovely reception by the sweetest door guy ever. He was all bearded and way too cool for me and he kept calling me gorgeous and going out of his way to get me clued in. Such a doll.


 
 
 Poor quality photos, superb quality people.


 
 Did you think I was joking about the baby pink fixed gear?


 
 Foxy foxy CJ and two of the best pieces in the background. I really want the Marla one, Fight Club has been haunting me lately.

 
And I got myself a little pretty, this cute germanic print bag.

3 comments:

  1. bearded door man? did you get his number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, no I don't have the slick moves like you ;)
    I did find him on fb though- I'm such a creeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. creep it up! you know I love a good beard...

    ReplyDelete