Monday, December 20, 2010

On a jet plane...

Countdown to New York trip: 5 days!
It's been weeks since I've posted and those have been filled with many stressful happenings. Between birthdays, car trouble, expired licenses and a sexual wrench thrown into the works, there's been no time for fun vintage blogs. But now things have calmed down considerably and I've got a whole week free to post and bore you all to death.

Today's will be all about the fine line between traveling smart and staying chic. I am a notorious over packer. If I'm going on a trip, for some reason I get it in my head that a situation will come up where I will absolutely need my white petticoat (or all 3 Trashy Diva dresses. or my paper parasol.) I never do end up needing these things on the trip but it's one of my weird traveling phobias. Which leaves me trying to lug around two suitcases, a hat box, makeup bag and a purse more often then not. Well, not this year so says I.

This year I've planned ahead and developed a clever (and a bit lame) strategy for my Christmas trip this year. Rather then bring enough clothes for every day of the week I'll be gone, I'm bringing enough for 3. Rather then bring a bunch of favorite pieces that on their own look great but end up clashing, I'm going with a theme and color palette. And I made up little collages on polyvore cause if we are already at "a bit" lame, why not really swing for the fences?


Packing Guide

As you can see, sleek and space saving. I'll be wearing onn outfit on the plane (including the jacket) so I can stick to one checked bag and one carry on. Most is from modcloth, all fit into the color scheme of blues, browns and rust. And I'm able to mix them to have a different outfit each day. Fewer clothes means more room for accessories, which is where the variety will really come in. I can bring along as many necklaces, tights and gloves as I want without taking up a lot of suitcase space.

And since I'll be there for the holidays and NYE, I want one fancy dress celebrating outfit.

New Years Outfit

I hadn't notice until right now that I've got quite a little flock of birds going on in my travel wardrobe. I must subconsciously really be into feathered friends right now.

1 comment: