Friday, December 24, 2010

The only way to Fly

This is it! Countdown: 1 day til New York!

Clothes, shoes and such are packed away in the giant checked suitcase and now all I have to concentrate on is my carry-ons. United airlines has new policies for carry-on as the must measure less then 45" total. So, I had to go out and fight the Christmas crazies to pick up a new case. I found a rather cute houndstooth one that fits the specs and my undying need for all my accompaniments to have a vintage feel. I'm hopeless.
Anyway, the carry-on gets all my accessories like scarves, gloves, jewelry and makeup plus a change of clothes and toiletries on the chance that the airline looses my luggage.





My other carry-on is my purse and I took a cue from the venerable Super Kawaii Mama    in regards of what to pack for the flight. She's got a wonderful Travel Essentials Post   full of helpful tips. I also used her What's in my bag? post   as a guideline for the perfectly prepared without being overstuffed purse. 



 Hand lotion, BB Pomegranate lipbalm and my cute little pillbox. Full of drugs! Kidding, just excedrin.

 My phone and ipod for in flight amusements.

 Passport, wallet and a little Thomas Pynchon.

Sunglasses and an umbrella. Cause lord know what weather will be waiting for us. Un-pictured is my camera for obvious reasons. So, that's it. Aside from running up to Golden Hill to pick-up a carton of cigarettes, I'm completely ready for my trip. Now, I wanna nap and get ready for another Christmas party which I will probably end up regretting. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment