Saturday, July 3, 2010

Over the past few weeks-

I've noticed a funny little shift in my outfit and styling choices. It seems that ever since I got my new haircut, I've been favoring the 20's and 30's era so much more. Something about having shorter hair just demands lower waistlines and darker makeup. The problem with that is my vintage wardrobe consists almost entirely of 50's dresses. I do have a few modern pieces  and a couple 40's styles that I can tweak to look passable for depression era. But I would love to have some more accurate dresses (reproduction as anything actual from that time would be too delicate to wear daily)
The 20's/30's had an easy-wearing quality to their clothes that the much more polished 40's and 50's lack. I've always been drawn to 20's fashion- comfort over custom in fashion.







Unfortunately, I hardly fit the body type to pull off that era.  But that doesn't keep me from loving the look, especially the lingerie! It might be the fact that I really don't care for the confining shapewear that I wear with my later vintage but there's something about silk robes and tap pants and the opaque stockings that makes me so happy. Some nights, I like to lounge around in a slip and stockings and channel Sally Bowles. Tonight is one of those nights ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment