Saturday, June 5, 2010

Coffee and Cards with Friends

This weekend was supposed to be all about projects. I had big big plans to start work on my headboard, maybe browse for fabric, hit Ikea for the really perfect (and cheap) bed frame I found. But one by one, my plans are falling through. I really have so little desire to do work on the weekends.

Yesterday, I planned on stopping off at Yardage Town after work in the hopes of finding some awesome blue satin to upholster my headboard in. That plan quickly changed when I walked out the door and was hit by 80 degrees of hot, gross demotivation. And to think, just a few weeks ago I said I was excited about the summer :(
Now, had it just been the very warm day, I might have still attempted my shopping trip. But when you add to that the fact that, while walking through the parking lot, I tripped and fell over one of those parking bumps- well, going straight home sounds more and more appealing. Especially seeing as how my graceless tumble just happened to be right in front of the really cute tech guy as he was walking into work. Slick.

So, shopping was replaced with getting coffee with the J's. I taught then how to play gin and ratscrew and we made too many stupid jokes and basically made me feel loads better about not getting a single thing done that day. Oh, those good time girls.














No comments:

Post a Comment