Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Art, Boys and Champange

The ABC's of a good weeknight.

Last night, CJ and I attended Oil Paintings at El Dorado- a silent art auction to benefit the Nation Wildlife Foundations clean-up effort in the Gulf. Good cause, great venue and what I saw as my one and only chance to ever afford a Mike Maxwell piece. Oh, so yes yes!

MM organized the whole event and it was a really fantastic night. There was a good turn out and at the end of it all, they were able to raise $2500.  A few of my friends had work in the auction, which ranged from paintings to jewelry to photographs. All local artists and all around amazing.

So, did I bid?
Yes, I did.
So, did I win?
Yes, I did.

But just what will have to wait for later- I've got a whole artsy/craftsy post to do in a few days. To tide you over, sample some of our shameless photos.




 Miss CJ sporting her Greenpeace shirt

 
  

Less lovely then it was supposed to be



Champagne and Leaving Tijuana






Adventures in getting gas-

No comments:

Post a Comment