Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oy- long weekend indeed!


So much crammed into so few days. I love weekends that seem as though they were weeks long- you wonder "Did I really do all that in just three days?"

Friday night was the boy's show at the Birch theater in North park. Perfectly lovely venue and a sold-out show to boot! I wore my new Stop Staring dress, which I've named Prince. Because it's the purple one.

Get it???


Ok, bad dress pun. Moving on.

Did the coffee thing with CJ the next morning,saw the slobberiest bulldog I've ever seen in my life and spent the rest of Saturday doing nothing and loving it.

Sunday was dedicated to the search for a headboard for my future new bedroom. I have this grand idea of making a wood framed tufted headboard and have had no kind of luck finding anything to work for it.
I made the rounds at my favorite thrift furniture shop (nada) and a place called Consignment Classic (even less) They did have some fun pieces that I would have considered had I not been on a specific mission.



A little dusty but also a little awesome.



I already have a vanity. But I want this one too! (This dress is ORV, the original revamp)


This is nothing but a shameless shoe shot.


And now let's all take a moment to mourn the multitude of poor cows who died so someone could make this ugly furniture. Really, who needs this much bovine?



Luckily, I had late night bocci to cheer me up after a day of fruitless searching. We tried out the courts in little Italy and really had a nice little time. I'm thinking I'd like to get people together more often for late night activities. Wholesome late night activities, I mean. Not like late night group orgies or anything. Wow...





Well, so as to not end this post with mention of orgies, I did end up finding a headboard which should work just fine for my plans. Thank you craiglist!


No comments:

Post a Comment